My dash did a thing.
I want to be on that boat purely because Sonic’s insanity probably makes for incredible on-board entertainment
The one in HD Unleashed. Hands down.
- The eye ridges are not too prominent
- He’s not too fat yet not too thin; His belly has an extremely slight bulge to it and it’s in no way exaggerated
- The luminous quality to his emerald green irises just portrays his vivid energy to me. Of interesting note is that at least in Werehog form, they do glow slightly in darkness i.e when he is first turned into a Werehog and as he turns to look at Eggman, his eye in the shade of his thick arm actually glows
- The spines/quills are of perfect length and have the perfect curvature
- What I like about the legs is that they’re not excessively thickened nearer the ankles like SA2 Sonic. Seriously, SA2 Sonic looks like his legs are severely atrophied at the ‘thighs’ which is not so much in this Sonic
- I kinda like the extremely slight curve at the ‘toe’ of his shoe
- And of course, the mouth being on only one side of the face. This depends on camera angle in the actual game i.e his mouth will switch sides on his muzzle to face the camera in Unleashed
- Nose isn’t too long
- I think the hands are perfectly rendered too. Broad with somewhat thick, stubby fingers.
- Oh, and I think he’s the perfect shade of blue. He certainly looks a lighter blue than previous Sonic’s, who definitely had darker blue fur.
The animation of this model in-game is top notch as well. I mean the sheer care and attention to detail that went into making his idle animations look realistic, the care that went into making his movements look fluid…just amazing.
When Sonic the Werehog walks slowly, his cranial quills are buffeted by his thick arms rather than clipping through them. When normal Sonic lies down and starts nodding-off, his leg will adjust to anything such as steps around him and his eyes will appear half open whilst he taps his leg with a couple of fingers repeatedly. When Sonic the Werehog crosses his arms and looks around, his wide mouth opens in what appears to be a sneer as if irritated at being still, showing his sharp teeth. When normal Sonic looks around in curiosity, you can see the eagerness to explore in his posture.
Take the above images into consideration too. The animation and expressions in the cutscenes greatly puts-across Sonic’s calm, commiserating manner in this game which suits the fact that he gradually deals with his new form and the transformation it inflicts and in a way, honestly made me wonder what was going on in his head. The guy has a fraction of a world-annihilating sin against nature inside his very body and is unable to rid himself of it like he does with Wisps, surely this has an effect on his personality, makes him quieter and more introspective and the animation of his model in response to the situation and what others say greatly gets this across.
The Original Eight
Sonic Adventure - Chaos
SO I SMASHED MY IPHONE TODAY but i thought i’d make light of the situation and claim that iron man did it:
WHY ARE YOU GUYS REBLOGGING THIS I DONT UNDERSTAND
did u kno DEVIANT ART HAS A FUCKING BUTTON THAT DOES ALL THE SOURCING WORK FOR YOU
CLICK THE TUMBLR BUTTON (or whatever site you wish to post it to) AND LOOKIE HERE ASSHOLES
LOOK ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PICK WHICH BLOG YOU WANT IT TO GO ON AND CLICK PUBLISH POST YOU CAN EVEN QUE IT IF YOU GO ON ADVANCED POST
SO IF YOU COMPLAIN THAT SOURCING IS TOO MUCH FUCKING WORK LOOK HERE DEVIANT ART HAS A BUTTON FOR IT YOU LAZY FUCK
WAS THAT SO FUCKING HARD
Afflicted with all-consuming goody two-shoes mannerisms?
Ermm…no. Not at all.
Tiny, tiny handful of moments here BTW.
1 - Rips Bemoth’s horns out in a rather gruesome fashion then tells him in a carefree, unconcerned manner that his horns will eventually grow back.
2 - Slashes the Mist Dragon’s horn clean off then boasts about how he just exhibited real power.
3 - Beats the ever loving shit out of Erazor’s heart
4 - Pins the Earth Dragon under an extremely heavy rock column, a boulder then smashing it on the skull and taking-out its horn.
5 - Regards Erazor with complete apathy when he’s being condemned to his lamp for eternity.
6 - Attacks Merlina first with the obvious intention of cleaving her in two
7 - Throws Erazor’s lamp into the molten metal of Evil Foundry, either destroying him or preventing the lamp from ever being found.
Rebloggin’ ‘cos I want to :P